gamedb is a simple little game database that I whipped up in my spare time for a few reasons. One is so that I could have a complete list of all of the games that we currently own, so that we can track what we own. It also allows other people we know to browse our game collection for help in scheduling game nights, etc.|
The main goal however was to create a tool which could randomly select games for us to play. We have a fairly large collection, and are human, so a large portion of our collection remains relatively unplayed. With this selecting games for us, every game has a fairly equal chance to get played.
Currently, the gamedb has the following features:
- Infinite number of players (logins) to the database allowed.
- Each player has individual permissions that allow or disallow access to editing features in all sections of the database independently.
- Store an infinite number of games (obviously)
- Maintain a list of game designers and publishers, by name.
- Maintain a list of game categories, any of which can be attached to any game
- game finder which, given some criteria, finds all games that match.
- simplistic session reporting, which allows for win/loss statistics for each player, calculation of average game time for games played, among other things.
- stuff I'm probably forgetting.
This version is 1.0.3, (requires lua-web2 2.0.4 or better), and includes the following changes:
This version now includes documenation for how to install gamedb, and how to upgrade your existing installation to the new version.
This is of course, free for anyone who wants to use it. I plan on extending functionality further, for example to generate reports on session reports (so we can finally answer once and for all, who is the REAL Mystery Rummy: Jack the Ripper champion).
There is also no warranty of any kind, including that this will do something that you want and not do something bad, like wipe out your hard drive or something. If anything goes bad, I didn't do it!
[ gamedb 1.0.3